Accessing the Imaging network drive (aka FileShare)
Who can access our FileShare?
You can access our FileShare from desktop computers on the Cornell campus or from home using a VPN connection. If you are not in either of these two cases, you have to retrieve your files before you leave campus.
How to set up your computer
Windows Operating System
- Type File Explorer into the search bar.
- Find "This PC" in items to the left.
- Right-click and select Map Network Drive.
- Use whatever Drive letter you want. We have mapped this drive to Z: on all the facility machines.
- Next to Folder, insert this text: \\files.cornell.edu\rs\biotech\customer\imaging
- Check Reconnect at logon. This way, you will not have to remap this drive every time you login.
- If this is your personal computer, click "Connect using different credentials". Enter your full Cornell email address (firstname.lastname@example.org) and password.
You only have to map the drive one time, after this it will be in your (My) Computer window under Network and you just have to login.
For Macintosh Operating Systems
- In the Finder menu, choose Go>Connect to Server.
- Copy and paste this address in to Folder smb://files.cornell.edu/rs/biotech/customer/imaging
- If the Mac is running OS 10.6 or earlier, use this address instead smb://rs-biotech.files.cornell.edu/rs-biotech/customer/imaging
- Login with your cornell email address (email@example.com) and netid password.
Undergraduate students should have access to the ShareDrive after they activate an Office 365 Exchange account. http://www.it.cornell.edu/services/guides/student_email/howto/undergrad-exchange.cfm. If you have any connection issues, please contact us.