Request for proposals
We will have another Call for Proposals with a March 15, 2022 Deadline.
Who can apply?
- Cornell faculty
- Senior research associates
The CAT shares Cornell University commitment to promote equity, inclusion, and diversity, and offer applicants equal opportunities regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, language, abilities/disabilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, socioeconomic status, geographic region, and more.
- The CAT grants require collaborative applied research between a Cornell faculty member and New York State (NYS) company partner.
- The Cornell CAT funds projects with potential for applications in the area of life science technology.
- A letter of commitment including the specified funding contribution by the NYS company (to be matched by a CAT grant, if awarded).
- Outcomes of awarded projects should lead to quantifiable economic impacts in NYS.
Projects in the field of life sciences
The Cornell CAT covers proposals for research and development activities in most areas of life sciences. This includes, for example, projects in the fields of:
- Diagnostic and detection technologies
- Medical devices
- Animal health
Studies that use our core facilities are especially welcome.
If you are not sure whether your project may be a good fit a CAT grant, contact us.