Request for Proposals
Application deadline has been EXTENDED to 5:00 pm on November 17, 2023
Anticipated project start date of January 1st, 2024.
Request for Proposals Letter
Apply here: https://cornell.infoready4.com/#competitionDetail/1918802
Who can apply?
Principal investigators must be eligible to serve as defined by Cornell Research Services at https://researchservices.cornell.edu/policies/pi-eligibility. PIs from Cornell Ithaca, Cornell AgriTech, CornellTech, and Weill Cornell Medicine are invited to apply.
The CAT shares Cornell University commitment to promote equity, inclusion, and diversity, and offer applicants equal opportunities regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, language, abilities/disabilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, socioeconomic status, geographic region, and more.
- The CAT grants require collaborative applied research between an eligible Principal Investigator and a New York State (NYS) for-profit company partner.
- The Cornell CAT funds projects with potential for applications in the area of life science technology.
- A letter of commitment including the specified funding contribution by the NYS for-profit company (to be matched by a CAT grant, if awarded).
- Outcomes of awarded projects should lead to quantifiable economic impacts in NYS.
Projects in the field of life sciences
The Cornell CAT covers proposals for research and development activities in most areas of life sciences. This includes, for example, projects in the fields of:
- Diagnostic and detection technologies
- Medical devices
- Animal health
Projects that use our BRC core facilities are especially welcome.
If you are not sure whether your project may be a good fit a CAT grant, contact us.