Skip to main content

Guidelines for NYS For-Profit Company Partner

To be eligible, academic applicants must receive commitment from a New York State for-profit company partner to support them.

Who can be an NYS for-profit company partner?

Your company must have a either a manufacturing facility, or research entity, or headquarters in the state of New York. For large or global companies, the main center of operations that intends to collaborate with the Cornell University researcher must be located within New York state.

Financial contribution from the company

Your company can support the Cornell researcher for any dollar amount. A 1:1 minimum cost share from the company is required. 

Contribution to the application

The Cornell CAT applicant must submit a letter of support from your company along with his or her application. Please refer to the letter of support template for guidance on what to include.

Contribution to reporting

New York State’s Empire State Development office requires us to report economic impacts that resulted from the CAT-funded collaboration to demonstrate return on the state’s investment. All company partners are required to fill out a form attesting to their economic impacts during the CAT-funded year.